About the Chamber » About us
Polish Chamber of Flax and Hemp established in 2002, is the only organization of economic self-government, associating all meaning players acting in flax and hemp inudstry in Poland. The main office is located in the Institute of Natural Fibres and Medicinal Plants in Poznan.
Polish Chamber of Flax and Hemp is foremost the platform for the exchange of information and experience: breeders, producers and the processors of fibrous plants.
The main task for the Chamber is to maintaining national flax production and increase in acreage in flax and hemp.
It pursues its mission through:
• Active membership in CELC (The European Confederation of Linen and Hemp, Paris) and in National Chamber of Commerce.
• Developing and publishing a newsletter "Flax and Hemp ", contaning information about the current situation on the national and foreign markets for flax and hemp, new varieties and technologies,modern and unusual uses of fiber.
• Co-organizating training for growers of flax and hemp with participation of national and foreign specialists.
• Rating, giving a consultative vote and own initiative in suport of the national and EU legislation concerning the industry of flax.
• Representing and defending interests of its members in disputes with agencies and government institutions – ARR , ARiMR , PZH, GUC.
• Co-working with research and scientific units: Institute of Natural Fibres and Medicinal Plants in Poznan, University of Wroclaw and Lodz University of Technology in the field of scientifically technical information and the preparation of project scientifically – research for the flax industry.
• Defense national flax and hemp market against unfair competition of the Far East by monitoring textile imports, dumping prices and consequently the occurrence of appropriate proposals to the relevant national and European institutions.
Polish Chamber of Flax and Hemp as the only industry organization from the former Eastern Bloc has a representative in the Board of CELC - in the person of the President of Chamber Marek Radwanski. Thanks to that Chamber has full access to the information from the global market for fiber, yarn, fabrics and flax, current trends in fashion and the latest technical applications of flax and hemp fiber.